Friday, April 20, 2012

 Well its April 20th , I’m at 10 weeks since 2nd repair and 2 weeks since I got staph. Been wearing a wound vac since the clean out. With no sutures holding my tendon, I’m somewhat like a non op. They only thing lately is my attitude has surprising calmed. I guess it’s a reality that I still have a long way to go. That I’m in my busy season with my business. I started shopping for a Harley trike, I have come to terms that I’m never going to be able to hold my my 800lb Harley. With trike I’ll still have that freedom of open road without the fear of reinjury. 


Going back to Doc next tues, hoping to get rid of this vac I’m carrying around. Maybe slowly I’ll get into boot with heel lifts.  Here's to another weekend cooped up. Movies maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Well it's been 2 1/2 weeks since clean out surgery for staph. Today I finally got rid of wound vac, and Dr was happy with progress, incision all closed, and no more infection. Get stitches out next Tues and hopefully start trying to walk in boot. It's about time!!! Tired of life passing me by. Thanks to Jack for putting up with me. Know it's been tough, I'm really getting impatient, this has gone on long enough. Hope to be riding by end of summer.

    ReplyDelete